Blogs > Lighten Up with Shelley

42-year-old Mentor resident Shelley Weber will use her kids as motivation to build a better life. Life with metabolic syndrome will be easier with a weight-loss, and Weber said she will work hard with help from exercise and better eating habits.

Friday, April 20, 2012

Friday Night Pizza

I have previously written about the tradition in our house of Friday night pizza and a movie.  I have been searching for healthier alternatives to the pizza portion of the evening and I have come up with something that is much healthier.  Tonight I tried making pizza quesadillas.  I used Lawash low carb tortillas, a little Contadina pizza sauce, shredded low fat mozzarella cheese and turkey pepperoni.  I assembled all the ingredients in my quesadilla maker and hoped for the best!  I thought they were great, but my kids were not as convinced!  I have to admit that yes it did not taste as good as the oooey, gooey pizza that we are used to, but I think it’s an acceptable alternative for now.  I will continue to search for healthy alternatives, but I think we will leave the “real” pizza for special occasions!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home