Blogs > Lighten Up with Shelley

42-year-old Mentor resident Shelley Weber will use her kids as motivation to build a better life. Life with metabolic syndrome will be easier with a weight-loss, and Weber said she will work hard with help from exercise and better eating habits.

Sunday, March 25, 2012

Saffron Extract

So, I happened to see a re-run of the Dr. Oz show on Friday.  I caught the portion of the show that was dealing with emotional and stress eating.  Hello?  Right up my alley!  Anyway, Dr.Oz was discussing the benefits of a supplement called saffron extract. Supposedly, the brain reacts to the extract much in the same way that it reacts to carbohydrates, but without overeating thus you eat less.

 

 I have always been cautious of taking any kind of medication be it prescription, over the counter, or “natural”.  At this point in my life I take 2 high blood pressure meds and a woman’s multivitamin, but after doing some research over the weekend I think that I am willing to give this one a try.

 

I will keep you posted!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home