Blogs > Lighten Up with Shelley

42-year-old Mentor resident Shelley Weber will use her kids as motivation to build a better life. Life with metabolic syndrome will be easier with a weight-loss, and Weber said she will work hard with help from exercise and better eating habits.

Friday, February 17, 2012

Sleep!

I knew when I began this journey that getting to the gym would be the most difficult hurdle for me.  I discovered that as an employee of the hospital I was allowed to use the cardiopulmonary rehab room and all of its equipment on the “off hours” for a nominal fee each month.  I work third shift (11p-7a) Mon thru Fri so my plan was to arrive at work and be in the gym by 9pm at least 4 nights a week.  It made perfect sense on paper.  By that time of the night, my 7 year old daughter is in bed and my 12 year old son is on his way and his father is here to see that it does happen so I could very easily leave the house shortly after 8:30p.  I could work out for about an hour, grab a shower and be bright eyed and bushy tailed for work by 11pm! 

 

Well, I had forgotten that many, many days throughout the week that I am unable for one reason or another to get enough sleep during the day which makes it necessary to take a “nap” in the evening before heading off to work.  This has been one of those weeks.  Between illness in the family, a trip to the ER with my son (he’s fine by the way) and assorted other issues I have had to take a nap every night this week and have not set foot in the gym once!  I fear that whatever weight I may have lost in the weeks prior has found its way back onto my body! 

 

Only one more week until the first weigh in so hopefully this next week I will see better results!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home