Blogs > Lighten Up with Shelley

42-year-old Mentor resident Shelley Weber will use her kids as motivation to build a better life. Life with metabolic syndrome will be easier with a weight-loss, and Weber said she will work hard with help from exercise and better eating habits.

Friday, February 10, 2012

Thou Shalt Not Covet Thy Childrens' Pizza

While I said earlier in my blog that we strive not to eat a lot of processed food, every Friday in our house is the exception to that rule. For years Friday nights have been pizza, pop and movie night.  It’s meant to be a special treat at the end of a long week and we unwind from a busy week together as a family.  It’s a night that I believe my kids look forward to.  ( I know my 7 year old daughter does for sure, now that my son is a pre-teen sometimes I think it’s more like torture for him!)  Anyway, awhile ago the adults stopped eating the pizza and usually would eat something a little healthier.  So today as I was enjoying my homemade turkey chili which was loaded with veggies and very tasty I found myself intently watching my kids enjoy their pizza.  (I may have even been drooling!)  I hope that maybe someday I can eat a slice of pizza here and there, but for the time being it’s better for me to just leave it alone!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anjie said...

Keep up the great work, Shelley!!

February 11, 2012 at 9:54 AM 
Blogger madevsmom said...

You know how to do this and you know you can!!! keep making great choices! Love ya BFF!

February 11, 2012 at 10:56 AM 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

you can always eat a lean cuisine pizza. Limits the calories.

February 13, 2012 at 1:48 PM 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am so inspired by your courageousness and determination! It was very emotional for me to to read your story as I can relate to every word! Keep pushing yourself and keep your eye on the prize...a healthier, happier mother for your kids! Thanks for sharing your journey ~ Michele (McGee) Brentar. PS-I find a pizza on 100 cal flatbread with reduced fat feta, veggies and turkey sausage a great substitute for the greasy original.

February 15, 2012 at 6:16 PM 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home