Blogs > Lighten Up with Shelley

42-year-old Mentor resident Shelley Weber will use her kids as motivation to build a better life. Life with metabolic syndrome will be easier with a weight-loss, and Weber said she will work hard with help from exercise and better eating habits.

Saturday, April 21, 2012

Eggplant Burgers

To control my diabetes, I try to eat as low-carb as possible without doing the full blown Atkins Diet.   I try to work in healthy carbs anywhere I possibly can.  So tonight I tried Dominex Eggplant Burgers.  We planned spaghetti for dinner.  We eat DreamFields low carb pasta and Giant Eagle Market District marinara sauce which are both the lowest carbs I can find, but sometimes I end up eating too much.  And we all know that even too much of good thing can be bad so I have been looking for something to eat with the pasta that has a little protein, but is low in calories and carbs.  The eggplant burgers have 90 calories, 10 carbs, and 3g of protein per serving.  They come fully cooked so I just heated them thru on my grill pan and served them atop of a small serving of the low carb noodles with a little sauce…..delicious!  My husband even enjoyed them!  I will definitely be serving them again!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home